Connemara National Park and Kylemore Abbey
Connemara National Park
The Connemara National Park was founded and opened to the public in 1980. It has 2,957 hectares of mountains, swamps, pastures and forests. The entrance is located on the Clifden side of Letterfrack.
There are many remains of human civilization within the park. There is a 19th-century cemetery and tombs from the 4,000-year-old megalithic era
It was a convent of Benedictine nuns founded in 1920 on the grounds of Kylemore Castle.
The most important buildings of the abbey are the Neo-Gothic church (built between 1877 and 1881), a miniature reproduction of Norwich Cathedral, made of local green Connemara marble, and the walled Victorian garden.
The price to enter is about € 12